Retire in Style in Myrtle Beach
Finally, you have reached the age of wisdom, the time when you get to kick back and enjoy all the little things in life that you never had time for in your working years. Retirement can be some of your best years and, if you have planned properly, you can truly relax without worrying about your finances. Many people, once they've retired, consider moving to a new locale. Today, we would like to share with you the top 10 reasons why you should choose Myrtle Beach for your retirement.
1. Temperate Climate: Are you sick and tired of cold winters with blustery winds and snow up to your waist? Myrtle Beach has the cure for your winter blues! Winters here are very mild, with temperatures rarely dipping below 40 degrees. Plus, snow is practically unheard of here, so your shovel can stay behind. The summer brings a bit more heat, but the ocean breezes will help keep you cool. With more sunny days on average than most of the U.S., you will have plenty of sun to soak up on the beach, or take advantage of the dry days by spending it on one of the gorgeous area golf courses. In Myrtle Beach, the outdoors are accessible year round and there is always plenty to do. Cultural Scene
2. Affordable Housing: The real estate market has been slowly repairing itself in the past few years, and the Myrtle Beach area is no exception. Though this area has plenty of luxury homes and condos, with price tags beyond the average person's budget, there are many homes for sale within a more affordable price range. Trulia.com states that the median sales price of three-bedroom homes in Myrtle Beach is around $140,000, a budget-friendly price range. In addition, senior citizens are given a homestead exemption for their taxes. If you are moving to the area, there is a wide variety of homes that have everything you need for a price you can be proud of. Browse through our website to see them all!
3. Age-Restricted Communities: Often times, retirees find themselves searching for a neighborhood with a quiet environment and residents that are around the same age. It is nice to have a community of like-minded folks to spend time with, and Myrtle Beach has several neighborhoods geared toward those who are of a distinguished age. These communities feature a host of amenities including clubhouses, pools, libraries and more. One of the most popular neighborhoods in the area is Prince Creek, which is located in Murrells Inlet. There are also some new subdivisions under construction in Myrtle Beach and you still have time to pick your custom finishings. If you are interested in any of these communities, or would just like to know more about the area, we look forward to hearing from you.
4. Excellent Healthcare: If you are moving to the Myrtle Beach area, have no fear. Although you may be leaving your former healthcare providers, this area is home to numerous award-winning medical facilities and some of the best treatment and technologies available. One such facility is The Grand Strand Medical Center. Here, you will find services for all ages, including a senior health center with well-studied and practiced geriatric care specialists. Grand Strand Medical Center is also an accredited chest pain center and has been ranked number 1 for cardiac surgery in South Carolina two years running. With plenty of satellite offices, the facility does well in serving the public. There are also other medical centers in nearby Murrells Inlet and Georgetown. Whatever your medical needs, Myrtle Beach has you covered.
5. Cultural Scene: Myrtle Beach is a happening place, and a hot spot for live family entertainment. If you enjoy music, there is no shortage of opportunity in the area. Stop by The Carolina Opry, or catch a show at The Palace Theatre. Barefoot Landing also has local acts that are sure ot keep your feet tapping. There are also plenty of activities to partake in besides live music including local arts organizations, community service groups, or volunteering at a medical facility. In Myrtle Beach, all one need do is look around and opportunity is sure to come knocking.
6. Lower Cost of Living: Real Estate prices in Myrtle Beach certainly won't empty your pockets. In fact, there are many homes currently for sale with prices under $100,000. There are even golf course homes for such reasonable prices, which is simply unheard of in other communities. Not only are homes reasonably prices, but South Carolina doesn't tax Social Security benefits. Plus, there is a sizeable retirement income deduction when calculating sales tax. Homestead exemptions are also available for those who qualify. Though many oceanfront communities are very expensive, Myrtle Beach offers an affordable and comfortable place for seniors to call home.
7. Beaches: As if you need any more reasons to love this area, Myrtle Beach has almost 60 miles of pristine sands and glittering water for you to appreciate. Living at the beach lets you partake in sun, fun, and relaxation year round. For the sun fanatics, this area averages about 215 sunny days a year, some of them during the winter. The beach also offers itself as a source of fun for shell hunters, sand castle builders, and anyone who enjoys partaking in water activities. Feel free to bring the whole family, and your favorite book, to the beach and while away an afternoon. There's no beach like Myrtle Beach!
8. Golf: Myrtle Beach is a golfer's paradise! Home to over 100 golf courses, Myrtle Beach has the perfect weather and scenery for those who enjoy the sport. Plus, some of the courses have been designed by the superstars of golf, including Arnold Palmer. No matter your skill level or budget, Myrtle Beach has a course for you. So, grab your clubs and hit the greens for a mini vacation from the stress of every day life.
9. Variety of Communities: From condo communities to expansive developments, Myrtle Beach is the place to be for variety. Carolina Forest is the largest and one of the most popular housing developments in the surrounding area. This lovely community has different sections within it that cover every budget and style preference. Complete with schools and impressive amenities, it is easy to see why so many families move into Carolina Forest. To get a closer look at the area communities, we encourage you to check out our MLS Search Page. We pride ourselves in providing you with all of the options for housing in Myrtle Beach, and we hope you will give us a call. Our experienced agents would be delighted to help you pick a community that suits your family.
10. Southern Hospitality: Southern gentility and hospitality are the cherry on the Myrtle Beach sundae. Just ask around and people will tell you that everyone here is just as friendly as can be. Let us confirm, it's true. From local restaurants to the neighborhood gas station, people here are happy to help and eager to chat. If some old-fashioned friendliness is what you seek, then Myrtle Beach can provide that for you.
The Jerry Pinkas Real Estate Experts are looking forward to talking with you and helping you start your search for a new home. Call our office at 843-839-9870 to set up a tour or to ask questions about making a move to the area. Don't forget, you can keep up with the latest listings and updates here: